What do the most successful business brands have to do to hit the target?
Well, they have certain characteristics that can all be described with words that begin with the letter ‘C.’ So, does your business pass the Ten C Test?
Successful brands are:
1. Clear – They are sure about who they are and who they are not.
Ensure you understand what makes you unique and differentiates you from your competitors.
2. Consistent – They are always the same.
Your brand is your promise of value to your customers and clients. The key to having a strong brand is remaining consistent in all that you do.
3. Constant – They are always there – visible and available.
You must remain visible to those people who need to know about you and can help you reach your goals. Strong brands don’t go into hiding.
4. Correct – They are accurate and authentic.
Be true to yourself and your brand will shine. Successful branding is not about creating a false image for the outside world.
5. Concise – They can be described in only one or two sentences.
Don’t be all things to all people. Strong brands are usually known for one thing.
6. Compelling – They are appropriate, interesting and relevant to their target audiences.
You must ensure that you are communicating your message so that it resonates with your target audience.
7. Clever – They are highly differentiated and unique.
You should strive to create intrigue among your target audience.
8. Connected – They are part of the appropriate communities.
This means having a network of partners, clients and customers. Let your brand community – or network – extend your brand for you. If you are clear about your brand and communicate it consistently among members of your brand community, you will ensure that they can convey your message for you.
9. Committed – They are in it for the long run.
You must focus your brand on your goals and stick with it. Successful brands are built over time, not overnight.
10. Current – They are based in today with room to evolve for tomorrow.
Although the core of your brand will never change, don’t let your brand get stuck in the past. Your brand should be flexible enough to accommodate the changes in the business climate.
So how did you get on? Does your brand hit the target?
Well, maybe it’s now time for a review of your personal brand so that you hit your target of all of the Ten C’s. Spend some quality time on your personal brand so you can enable your customers to know exactly who you are and where to find you.
If you would like any more information or advice about your brand hitting the target the please contact us.